Instagram’s support site states that “You can’t have an Instagram profile for your business if you’ve already created a Facebook profile for the same business.” And this means that before creating an Instagram account for your business or starting any other activity on Instagram, you must first deactivate your Facebook account as an admin of the page. This tutorial is a guide on fixing this Instagram account is already connected to a Facebook page.
Why this Instagram account is already connected to a Facebook page happens
Instagram will not connect to your Facebook page if you have already created a Facebook profile for the same business as an admin. In this case, you must first deactivate your Facebook account as an admin of the page and connect to Instagram again. Keep reading: How to unarchive messages on messenger?
Steps to fix this Instagram account is already connected to a Facebook page:
1. Go to Facebook and go to this page
2. Click on the switch button above your name, which will turn it off.
3. After that, you must click on “Delete my account” at the bottom of the page to complete deactivation. If, instead, it asks you to confirm why you are deleting your account, click on “Why are you deleting your account” to see the reason why Facebook asks for this, and then continue with the deletion of your account.
4. After that, enter your password again to confirm the deletion.
5. Now go to Instagram after all these steps have been done properly
6. Click on “Log in with Facebook”and sign in with your Facebook account, and after that, go to the applications settings.
7. Click on “Authorize all third party apps”and click on “Instagram.”
8. After that, you will get a pop up that says, “Allow this application to access your public profile?”, click on “OK.”
9. Finally, Instagram will now recognize you as an existing account and not connect to Facebook.
10. If Instagram still does not connect properly, clear your history in the browser, close all browser windows open before attempting to log into Instagram (Chrome or Safari), then try again. Also, clean up your cookies on the computer after that, then delete the Instagram app and re-install it.
(Note: first deactivate your Facebook account as an admin on the page, even if you have not published content or posted anything).
How to disconnect Instagram from the Facebook page?
1. Go to Settings on the top right corner of Instagram
2. Click on “Account.” At the bottom of the page, you will see a section called “Linked Accounts.” Click on “Unlink” and confirm again.
4. After that, you can now close your browser and uninstall either the Instagram app from your mobile device or Instagram web through the desktop settings of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/help/instagram#! (Delete the Instagram app from the Facebook page)
5. For iOS users, launch the “Settings” application and scroll down to find the Instagram icon. Click on it and then click “Remove Account.” Confirm by clicking “Remove” again.
6. If you’re using Android, open settings and go to accounts – Google – select your Gmail id and click on “Remove account.”
7. After that, you can now delete the Instagram app from your mobile device, just like steps 4 and 5.
8. Clear all browser history and restart your computer before attempting to log into Instagram again.
Now, you can fix this Instagram account is already connected to a Facebook page.