Fossil Sport Smartwatch, a real alternative with Wear OS
We continue our efforts to analyze the most interesting devices on the market that can call your attention, this time we return with a smart watch that will attract many glances for obvious reasons, and this is what happens when a legendary watch brand as Fossil gets down to work to offer a smartwatch.
Do not miss it, discover with us the in-depth analysis of this new product that arrives to dress your doll with colors and functionalities.
As always, the first thing we invite you to do is to watch the video that we leave heading this analysis, in it you will be able to see all the contents of the box thanks to the unboxing, and you will see how it executes its own applications in real time. Let’s see in depth what this Fossil Sport Smartwatch has to offer that you can buy directly at different points of sale, but before a bit of information, right?
Materials and design: It is literally a clock
Fossil wanted to “pull” experience in the design of this Sport Smartwatch, for it uses two boxes, 41 or 43 millimeters depending on the preferences of the user, as well as a range of three colors: Blue, Black and Pink (the pink only available in the version of 41 millimeters). On our occasion we are analyzing what they have called “blue” although it is rather greenish, we are not going to enter into the war of the definition of colors. We have a brushed aluminum top, as well as three side buttons, one with an interactive wheel.
- Sphere: 41 or 43 millimeters
- Belt width: universal 22 millimeters
- Belt included: Silicone
The lower part is made of polycarbonate of the chosen color, as well as the base we find the loading area and a heart rate sensor. At the level of belts we must emphasize that they are easy to install as well as universal, this means that we will be able to change the belts to choose the one that best suits the moment we are going to use this watch. The dial is totally round, quite large and with a small frame on the screen, Fossil has done a fantastic job in this watch that practically looks like a traditional one and that without a doubt satisfies the taste of the majority of users, among whom I am.
Technical characteristics: Qualcomm running Wear OS
We have the Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor from Qualcomm, something that just beginning gives us reliability and power. To store content we will have 4GB of storage and other interesting features such as GPS and altimeter. In short, we will not miss almost anything in this Fossil Sport Smartwatch that comes with everything you need to schedule our workouts in Wear OS, the operating system for smart watches from Google and based on Android.
- Storage: 4 GB
- Operating System: Wear OS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, altimeter, gyroscope, heart rate sensor and GPS
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.2 and WiFi
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100
- Compatibility: Android and iOS through Wear OS App,
- System load: Magnetic
Are you missing something in the list? I definitely do not, expecting that we run Wear OS we are clear that we will be able to do everything that is expected of a smart watch focused on sport. We highlight the possibility of making payments through compatible systems such as Google Pay thanks to the fact that it includes an NFC chip, as well as a series of sensors that will make your measurements much more accurate, sincerely, after its use I have not been able to miss it nothing, and that includes up to WiFi for example to control our Spotify Connect devices.
Main features: Do not miss anything
We will give an important review of its main features, this time I have decided to differentiate all of them, at least those that we have tried and have definitely given us a performance that is worth taking into account …
- Payment system: For the moment it is limited to Google Pay although we do not know if we will soon be able to execute other means. Definitely thanks to the NFC chip we have been able to verify that the payment system is efficient and fast.
- Manage notifications: The Wear OS notification system we already know, we can interact with them slightly, although in some cases it has arrived with a little delay some notification.
- Customizable spheres: We have a fairly large cast of spheres, it’s something that surprised me about a firm like Fossil, and we imagine that Google has a lot to do with it.
- You can swim with it: It has resistance of up to 5 ATM, you can shower with it (checked by us) but not only that, you will also be able to swim with it and make measurements regarding this sport.
We do not have any kind of sports performance management thanks to the Google Fit system, that is, you will be able to test yourself. Definitely my physical performance has not put this Fossil Sport Smartwatch to the test.
Autonomy and interchangeable belts
We come to the “problem” of all these types of products, we have an autonomy of about a day or a day and a half, so we recommend uploading it every night. The screen looks deliciously good being a generalist brand, experience tells me that they have opted for Samsung panels even though we have no information about it, it looks good in all conditions and blacks are very pure.
The straps, as we have said, are universal of 22 millimeters, we can change it by any belt that we want so that our Fossil Sport Smartwatch accompanies us both as a party and our morning running session.
- It looks like a traditional watch, which for many is an advantage
- We have the quality of construction and guarantee of Fossil
- It is extremely light and looks tough
- I do not miss anything at the level of capabilities and functionalities
- Wear OS is a host of functions but sometimes lack of performance
- As always, a day of drums
This Sport Smartwatch from Fossil includes everything that should include a watch that starts from $275. Definitely the price is not the lowest in the market, but few will offer the Fossil guarantee and all these features for this price. At the level of features and design, I think this Fossil Sport Smartwatch is highly recommended over most of the competition, fighting face to face with very serious alternatives such as the Samsung Active range.