Kingston presents an ideal solution for IT professionals who require security at global, small and medium level and corporate end users who demand electronic data protection USB.
DataTraveler 2000 is OS independent and offers full data encryption AES 256-bit hardware-based XTS mode. Encryption is performed in the unit requiring no software or hardware drivers.
Image Source: Google Image
The alphanumeric keyboard DataTraveler 2000 allows users to lock the unit with a combination of words or numbers for easy PIN-based protection. To provide additional security, self-locking function is activated when the unit is removed from the host device while the encryption key and password are deleted after 10 failed login attempts to prevent forced intrusion.
It was created keeping in mind the durability so its aluminum housing protects the unit from everyday objects such as water and dust.
“We are excited to add DataTraveler 2000 to our existing line of fast and encrypted for organizations and SMEs USB flash drives,” said Ken Campbell, director of Flash business in Kingston. “It’s the perfect choice to implement in the workplace, where a uniform data storage encryption that works with different OS solution is used”.
It has license to use the technology Datalock ClevX. Both companies have worked together for many years; innovative security solutions and mobility ClevX can be found in other encrypted USB flash drives Kingston.
DataTraveler 2000 is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB, backed by a three year warranty, free technical support in real time and legendary Kingston reliability.
Features and specifications of Kingston DataTraveler 2000:
- Interface:USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)
- Superior Password Protection:the user sets a PIN to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use:no installation required applications
- Compatible with:Windows 10, Windows 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1 ), Vista (SP2), Mac OS X v. 8.x +, Linux v. 2.6.x +, Chrome OS ™, Android **
- Secure:drive locks down and reformats after 10 failed login attempts
- Guaranteed:three-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities:16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Speed:USB 3.1 Speed: 16GB : 120MB / s read, 20MB / s write 32GB: 135MB / s read, 40MB / s write 64GB: 135MB / s read, 40MB / s writing speed USB 2.0: 16GB: 30MB / s read, 20MB / s write 32GB: 30MB / s read, 20MB / s write 64GB: 30MB / s read, 20MB / s write
- Dimensions: Unit with cover- 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm, Unit without lid- 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Minimum system requirements:USB 3.1 compliance with Gen . 1 (USB 3.0) and 2.0 compatible
- Waterproof / dust:IP57 certified score
- Operating Temperature:32 ° F to 140 ° F (0 ° C to 60 ° C)
- Storage Temperature:-4 ° F to 185 ° F (-20 ° C to 85 ° C)